These carrot cake crunchies are a swift upgrade from your typical granola bar. I absolutely love crunchies. For you Brits, flapjacks are the same thing. Packing a punch of spices, little bursts of raisins and the earthiness of carrots – these carrot cake crunchies are the ideal on-the-go snack.
- 4 small- medium-sized carrots (roughly 135g)
- 1 cup of oats
- ¼ cup of coconut oil melted
- 50g of pecans
- 50g of raisins
- 50g of almond flour
- 3 tbsp of chia seeds
- 3 tablespoon of mixed seeds (can be flaxseeds, pumpkin seeds or anything you have in your cupboard)
- 3 tablespoons of maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon of psyllium husk
- 1 tsp of salt
- 1 tsp of mixed spice (optional)
- 1 tsp of ground ginger (optional)
- 1 tsp of cinnamon
Preheat your oven to 170ºC and line a square baking tray with parchment paper. Grate your carrots and chop your pecans. Melt your coconut oil and add that to your maple syrup. In a large bowl, mix your almond flour, oats, carrots, seeds, nuts, raisins, psyllium husk, salt and spices. Add your coconut oil and maple syrup to the dry ingredients and mix thoroughly. Make sure everything is distributed evenly. Add the mixture to your baking tray and bake for 15-20 minutes. Cut into squares while warm and then leave to cool.
Enjoy as an early morning pick-me-up or a “just because” snack. Loving the carrot cake vibes? Why not whip up some of my vegan carrot cake muffins next.